We have had a very exciting few weeks. On August 29th at 1:32 pm we welcomed baby Roxy to our family. She weighed 7 lbs 15 oz (biggest baby to date) and was 20 inches long. I have to admit getting her here was not easy. After 3 dates of scheduled inductions that didn't happen, I was convinced I was in for another stubborn child but so far, she is a gem. She sleeps well, eats well and I love those big eyes of hers. Most everyone who knows me, knows I am not a baby person but guess what I am singing a different tune. All I want to do is hold her. Maybe it is because I know she is my last.
The kids are great with her. Piper is a second mother and always willing to help me out. Thayne loves to hold her and call her "sweetheart" and Micah....well it was touch and go for a few days but he is great with her too! No doubt that she was meant to be in our family and now it is complete.
Some other big new. Our house is pretty much done. The boys moved from cribs to the downstairs and into bunk beds and are doing quite well. Rich finally cut the tip off Micah's binky and now he thinks it is gross. I know he misses it and secretly so do I. Everyone who knows Micah knows it is his trademark. In fact some people don't even recognize him without it. Piper started kindergarten and happily announced after the first day that she "LOVES IT!" Thayne started preschool and he has announced that he doesn't like it and he isn't nice. So many afternoons it is just Micah, Roxy and me. They sleep and I get some time to clean and work. Rich did a great job on the house and it will be nice to not have all of his time devoted to this house.
Basically things are going smoother and better than I thought. I love this little family and know that I am blessed to have four healthy and somewhat happy children and a great husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Roxy is so beautiful. If only I could hold her too. Thanks for updating and putting some pics. Can't wait to meet her.
darling pics! Roxy is beautiful and I need to cuddle her!
That made me happy to see pictures of Roxy! So cute. And guess what, we still have not gotten Roman off the binky, so you are way ahead of us.
Post a Comment