Last Thursday was her first practice and game. She is on a team of seven boys and three girls and no big surprise, but she loves it. They have these fancy neon green jerseys, which is quite appropriate because it looks a lot like her new bright green room. The team name is the green aliens. Of course Piper suggested the green mermaids or green princesses. I am guessing that didn't go over too well with the boys because her suggestions lost out.
She is the smallest on the team but she is right there in the middle of all the action. She is competitive and aggressive. Not sure who she gets that from, certainly not her parents. The best part was when she came running off the field and said, "That was the best day ever mom. Even better than my birthday and Christmas." I guess I am off the hook next birthday and Christmas, I'll just make sure she plays soccer year round.
Well things are back to normal in this house. Micah is feeling better and is making up for not eating for ten days. His new favorites - Costa Vida and Cafe Rio. He eats more than Piper and Thayne put together. I am glad to see him eating. He has even started talking more. He says ball, catch, hand, up, down, etc.. Now I am sure some of you are thinking big deal, he's two, but it is a big deal to us. I never thought he'd talk. He even made it through nursery today. Maybe he is growing up. Just in time for ?
2 comments:
Looks like Piper is having a blast. I think I am with her with the name "green mermaids". It always amazes me how the simplest things to children are the greatest. It is good to here everyone is in good health. Hope you are feeling good also. Talk to you soon.
I love the neon green shirt! I need one of those for Jett so I can keep track of him in the neighborhood! Looks like a lot of fun! You are now an official "soccer" mom!
Post a Comment